OnFinality, Polkadot’s largest infrastructure provider, announces long-standing support for Kusama.
“While the partnership has been in place for over 2 years, we wanted to make an official announcement to open up more options for web3 developers wanting to get started on Kusama, quickly, easily and reliably.”
— Daniel Vulinovich, Product Manager at OnFinality
What is Kusama? ($KSM)
The network is an experimental development environment for teams who want to move fast and innovate on Kusama, or prepare for deployment on Polkadot.
Connect to the Kusama Network with OnFinality
Builders looking to connect to the Kusama network can now:
- Access Kusama quickly in minutes without having to set up or manage infrastructure
- Enjoy global performance, automated scalability and high availability of up to 99.99% uptime per year!
- Gain valuable API Insights for you to spot issues on your apps and quickly implement rectifications for a bug-free user experience
Log in to your OnFinality app to access the Enhanced API Service for Kusama now!
How to Connect to Kusama Network
You can access our public API service by connecting to it using Polkadot.js or via the endpoints listed below:
Kusama API Endpoints
Our mission is to support all blockchain teams in the world by providing critical infrastructure so they can focus on their core business. By leveraging OnFinality’s expertise in infrastructure, the development team at Kusama can now focus on scaling for a global audience.
In addition, OnFinality also provides the ability for participants in the Kusama ecosystem to rapidly deploy and manage nodes via any of our supported cloud providers such as Amazon Web Service (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Alibaba Cloud.
Benefits of Deploying Kusama Nodes through OnFinality
- Easy — Deploy Dedicated Nodes easily and quickly via our on-demand node deployment service without worrying about setting up hardware from scratch
- Scalable — Upsize and downsize your nodes easily in a few clicks!
- Cost-Efficient — Pay for only what you need. You no longer have to buy or set up your own hardware or make tools to monitor your node’s health and performance
- Visibility — Simply connect to our Node Metric Endpoint for automated monitoring and alerts on your node’s health
You can now log in to see Kusama’s network spec in the OnFinality Marketplace.
For all the information about how to jumpstart using OnFinality and start running Kusama nodes, you can follow this documentation.
For teams looking to take your applications to the next level and ensure that you receive the best performance possible, we highly recommend using an API key.
Simply sign up here to receive your free API key in minutes! Our ‘Free Plan’ comes with 500,000 daily responses for anyone to get started easily.
You may also reach us at email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
Build Smarter with OnFinality.
Kusama is a scalable network of specialized blockchains built using Substrate and nearly the same codebase as Polkadot. The network is an experimental development environment for teams who want to move fast and innovate on Kusama, or prepare for deployment on Polkadot.
Kusama was founded in 2019 by Gavin Wood, founder of Polkadot and co-founder and former CTO of Ethereum.
OnFinality is a blockchain infrastructure platform that saves web3 builders time and makes their lives easier. OnFinality delivers scalable API endpoints for the biggest blockchain networks and empowers developers to automatically test, deploy, scale and monitor their own blockchain nodes in minutes. To date, OnFinality has served over 300 billion RPC requests across 70 networks including Polkadot, Ethereum, Moonbeam, Astar, Avalanche and Cosmos, and is continuously expanding these mission-critical services so developers can build the decentralised future, faster!