Building on Cosmos with OnFinality
OnFinality is a blockchain infrastructure platform that saves web3 developers time by providing scalable API endpoints and node deployment across Avalanche, Cosmos and Polkadot ecosystems.
OnFinality is a blockchain infrastructure platform that saves web3 builders time and makes their lives easier. We deliver easy-to-use, reliable and scalable API endpoints for the biggest blockchain networks and empower developers to automatically test, deploy, scale and monitor their own blockchain nodes in minutes.
We also support Layer-1 ecosystems such as Avalanche and Polkadot, and are continuously expanding these mission-critical services to other ecosystems to help developers build the decentralised future, faster!
In this OnFinality Layer-1 Introduction series, we gather resources that may be useful for builders using OnFinality infrastructure to get started in the ever-expanding Cosmos universe!
Cosmos is a rapidly expanding ecosystem of independent interconnected blockchains built using developer-friendly application components and connected with the ground-breaking IBC (Inter-Blockchain Communication) protocol. — Cosmos
Our Enhanced API Service has been serving over 1 Billion JSON RPC requests to its public API service every day across multiple Layer-1 ecosystems, and its 99.9% uptime is why over 60 networks rely on OnFinality.
Since our founding in 2019, we’ve served over 265 Billion requests across Layer-1 chains, including some of the largest projects on Polkadot like Astar, Kusama and Moonbeam, as well as all chains on Avalanche and chains within the Cosmos ecosystem.
“We are proud and humbled that over 60 networks across Avalanche, Cosmos and Polkadot, trust OnFinality to be their infrastructure partner. We’ve worked hard over the years to build our relationships with some of the best teams in the space and we see a long future ahead. From our enhanced API service to our one-click dedicated node deployment tools, OnFinality is dedicated to providing critical infrastructure to blockchain teams around the world so they can focus on their core business.”
— Sam Zou, Founder and CEO at OnFinality
What Is Cosmos?
The Cosmos SDK is an open-source framework for building multi-asset public Proof-of-Stake (PoS) blockchains, like the Cosmos Hub, as well as permissioned Proof-of-Authority (PoA) blockchains. Blockchains built with the Cosmos SDK are generally referred to as application-specific blockchains.
The goal of the Cosmos SDK is to allow developers to easily create custom blockchains from scratch that can natively interoperate with other blockchains. — Cosmos Documentation
Before you venture into the vast Cosmos galaxy, watch this video by Sunny Aggarwal, a research scientist that helped to build the Cosmos SDK, IBC, and launch the Cosmos Hub (aka Gaia):
Key Concepts About Cosmos
Cosmos is the blockchain pioneer of the Hub & Spoke architecture.
What Are Hubs?
- Hubs act as routers for Zones.
- Hubs can be connected with other hubs.
- The Cosmos Hub is one of the first Hubs to be launched on the Cosmos Network, and anybody is free to fork the Cosmos Hub codebase and launch other Hubs in the Cosmos Network.
What Are Zones?
- “Zones” are Cosmos-speak for “application-specific blockchains” (e.g. Osmosis, Cosmos Hub, Axelar, Evmos, Juno, Crypto.org, Injective, Kujira…)
- Each Zone is a spoke connected to a hub.
- Zones only need to establish a single connection with a Hub in order to be interoperable with all of the other Zones that are each connected to that Hub.
What Is The Internet Of Blockchains?
- Together, this ecosystem of connected Hubs and Zones makes up the Cosmos Network, or what is commonly referred to as the ‘Internet of the Blockchains’.
- The Cosmos ecosystem is entirely permission-less, meaning that anyone can create a Hub or a Zone, and each blockchain is free to accept or refuse connections with other blockchains.
Want To Know More? Take A Deep-Dive Into More Cosmos Explainers Below! 🤿
If you’ve only got time for a quickie, check out this 1 min video on Cosmos’ utility:
Next, check out this video explaining the Hub-Zone model of Cosmos in simple terms:
Finally, find out how Cosmos intends to solve the blockchain trilemma of Scalability, Usability, and Sovereignty:
Last but not least, the one central source of truth to refer to when in doubt — the Cosmos knowledge base! ✝️📖🙏 ⬇
How To Get Started With Cosmos On OnFinality
If you are looking to join the Cosmos network, we can help you get started instantly, or take your game to the next level.
Benefits Of Integrating With Our Scalable API Endpoints:
- Connect to the Cosmos network in seconds without having to set up or manage infrastructure
- Enjoy a global performance, automated scalability and high availability of up to 99.9% uptime per year
- Gain valuable API Insights for you to spot issues on your apps and quickly implement rectifications for a bug-free user experience.
Access Cosmos With OnFinality
For a start, you may access Juno on Cosmos using OnFinality’s public API endpoints below, note that these public endpoints are rate limited:
- HTTP: https://juno.api.onfinality.io/public
- Websocket: wss://juno.api.onfinality.io/public-ws/websocket
For access to higher rate limits and our widely popular API Insights, sign up here and receive your free API key in minutes!
What are the benefits of getting an API key?
If you are looking to deploy on Cosmos, visit our site or get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements and see how our feature-rich app can help you build your next dApp or network.
Build Smarter with OnFinality.
- Documentation: https://documentation.onfinality.io/support/
- API Status Page: https://status.onfinality.io/
- API Analytics & Stats Page: https://analytics.onfinality.io/
OnFinality is a blockchain infrastructure platform that saves web3 builders time and makes their lives easier. OnFinality delivers scalable API endpoints for the biggest blockchain networks and empowers developers to automatically test, deploy, scale and monitor their own blockchain nodes in minutes. To date, OnFinality has served over 265 billion RPC requests across 60 networks including Polkadot, Kusama, Moonbeam, Astar, Avalanche and Cosmos, and is continuously expanding these mission-critical services so developers can build the decentralised future, faster!