Building on Avalanche with OnFinality
OnFinality is a blockchain infrastructure platform that provides easy-to-use, reliable and scalable API to web3 developers across Avalanche, Cosmos and Polkadot ecosystems.
OnFinality is a blockchain infrastructure platform that saves web3 builders time and makes their lives easier. We deliver easy-to-use, reliable and scalable API endpoints for the biggest blockchain networks and empower developers to automatically test, deploy, scale and monitor their own blockchain nodes in minutes.
We also support Layer-1 ecosystems such as Polkadot and Cosmos, and are continuously expanding these mission-critical services to other ecosystems to help developers build the decentralised future, faster!
In this OnFinality Layer-1 Introduction series, we gather resources that may be useful for builders using OnFinality infrastructure to get started in Avalanche.
According to Ava Labs, Avalanche is an open-source platform for launching decentralised applications and enterprise blockchain deployments in one interoperable, highly scalable ecosystem.
Our Enhanced API Service has been serving over 1 Billion JSON RPC requests to its public API service every day across multiple Layer-1 ecosystems, and its 99.9% uptime is why over 60 networks rely on OnFinality.
Since our founding in 2019, we’ve served over 265 Billion requests across Layer-1 chains, including some of the largest projects on Polkadot like Astar, Kusama and Moonbeam, as well as all chains on Avalanche and in the Cosmos ecosystem.
“We are proud and humbled that over 60 networks across Avalanche, Cosmos and Polkadot, trust OnFinality to be their infrastructure partner. We’ve worked hard over the years to build our relationships with some of the best teams in the space and we see a long future ahead. From our enhanced API service to our one-click dedicated node deployment tools, OnFinality is dedicated to providing critical infrastructure to blockchain teams around the world so they can focus on their core business.”
— Sam Zou, Founder and CEO at OnFinality
What Is Avalanche?
Avalanche is the first decentralised smart contracts platform built for the scale of global finance, with near-instant transaction finality. Ethereum developers can quickly build on Avalanche as Solidity works out-of-the-box.
A key difference between Avalanche and other decentralised networks is the consensus protocol. Over time, people have come to a false understanding that blockchains have to be slow and not scalable. The Avalanche protocol employs a novel approach to consensus to achieve its strong safety guarantees, quick finality, and high-throughput without compromising decentralisation.
Before you embark on your journey to change the world with Avalanche, watch this video to see why this blockchain is talked about as the next ETH killer.
Key Concepts about Avalanche
● High Performance: finalises transactions in about a second and clears thousands per second, enabling decentralised finance applications to reach their full potential.
● Secure: scale to thousands of nodes, making it a truly decentralised protocol that avoids the centralisation risks of most blockchain networks to-date.
● Customisable: Each blockchain launched on Avalanche can define its own core logic and validator set. This means compliance and privacy by default.
Avalanche features 3 built-in blockchains:
Exchange Chain (X-Chain), Platform Chain (P-Chain), and Contract Chain (C-Chain). All 3 blockchains are validated and secured by all Avalanche validators which is also referred to as the Primary Network. The Primary Network is a special Subnet, and all members of all custom Subnets must also be a member of the Primary Network by staking at least 2,000 AVAX.
Want to know more? Take a deep-dive into more Avalanche explainers below! 🤿
Does Avalanche live up to its hype of being a better Ethereum with more transactions per second? This video breaks it down for you ⬇
Watch this 3 minute video for a lowdown on the utility of the three chains on Avax ⬇
Dig in to this 10 minute video to learn about how Avalanche’s unique Proof of Stake (PoS) system addresses the blockchain trilema of scalability, security and decentralisation ⬇
Last but not least, the one central source of truth to refer to when in doubt — the almighty Avalanche documentation! ✝️📖🙏 ⬇
How to Get Started with Avalanche on OnFinality
We are proud to be supporting all chains on the Avalanche network — the Exchange Chain (X-Chain), Contract Chain (C-Chain), and Platform Chain (P-Chain).
Today, we continue to provide reliable, scalable, and high performance RPC API and node services to the communities of over 60 networks we support.
If you are looking to join the Avalanche network, we can help you get started instantly, or take your game to the next level.
Benefits of integrating with our scalable API endpoints:
- Connect to the Avalanche network in seconds without having to set up or manage infrastructure
- Enjoy a global performance, automated scalability and high availability of up to 99.9% uptime per year
Gain valuable API Insights for you to spot issues on your apps and quickly implement rectifications for a bug-free user experience.
Build on Avalanche with OnFinality
You may access the respective chains using OnFinality’s public API endpoints below:
For access to higher rate limits and our widely popular API Insights, sign up here and receive your free API key in minutes!
What are the benefits of getting an API key?
Additionally, you may leverage our on-demand node solution to:
- Deploy dedicated nodes without having to buy or set up hardware from scratch
- Upsize and downsize your nodes in a few clicks
- Deploy Lightning Restore for nodes to be fully-synced almost instantly instead of days
- Pay for only what you use. You no longer have to constantly pay to service your nodes just to get the data you need
- Connect to our Node Metric Endpoint for automated monitoring and alerts on your node’s health & performance
If you are looking to deploy on Avalanche, visit our site or get in touch to discuss your requirements and see how our feature-rich app can help you build your next dApp or network. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our website below.
Build Smarter with OnFinality.
- Platform Chain: https://docs.avax.network/apis/avalanchego/apis/p-chain
- Contract Chain: https://docs.avax.network/apis/avalanchego/apis/c-chain
- Exchange Chain: https://docs.avax.network/apis/avalanchego/apis/x-chain
OnFinality’s Developer Resources
- Documentation: https://documentation.onfinality.io/support/
- API Status Page: https://status.onfinality.io/
- API Analytics & Stats Page: https://analytics.onfinality.io/
OnFinality is a blockchain infrastructure platform that saves web3 builders time and makes their lives easier. OnFinality delivers scalable API endpoints for the biggest blockchain networks and empowers developers to automatically test, deploy, scale and monitor their own blockchain nodes in minutes. To date, OnFinality has served over 265 billion RPC requests across 60 networks including Polkadot, Kusama, Moonbeam, Astar, Avalanche and Cosmos, and is continuously expanding these mission-critical services so developers can build the decentralised future, faster!